
At about 8 o'clock tonight, I start getting excited. My hunny would be heading home soon, and I will see him around 10pm.
Scott calls me at 8:15pm. "I missed my flight." What?!
"Honey, wasn't your flight at 8:30?"
"Yes, apparently they finished loading the plane early, so they left." Panic, now what do we do?
Scott continues "I called Adam (a friend of ours in Salt Lake) and he is coming to get me, my cell is about to die so. . . " and his cell phone dies.
Here is the story. Scott arrives at the airport around 8:05 and makes it to the terminal by 8:15 at which point, the plane has already left. The nice lady at the counter simply says "You were supposed to be here a half hour early." And leaves him to his own devises. Scott figures, my fault, and calls Adam. I however, am furious. Whoever heard of someone missing their flight when they were EARLY! They had him on the manifest, they knew he should have been coming. They didn't even give him the chance to be on time. Instead, they throw it in his face, leaving him stranded in Salt Lake, and make it sound like his fault. Well Excuse me! I thought the reason we were supposed to be thirty minutes early was so we could get through security and be on time for the flight, not so that we could make the flight "just in case" it decided to leave ahead of schedule.
I checked the flight online. Sure enough, it left at 8:15pm, but was scheduled at 8:30. Scott was early, he must have walked up to the terminal right as the plane was taxiing away. This means that the airline must have decided to leave at around 8pm. They didn't even give him a chance.
So, because some twit in US Airways couldn't wait until the scheduled departure time, my husband is driving from salt lake city. To clarify, Adam is driving Scott from Salt Lake to Cedar, and then he has to turn around and drive straight back. Scott will be here around 1:30am. Adam will then get home around 6am, without any sleep. I am so thankful we have such wonderful friends. Adam and Rinda have really saved us today. I just hope that it doesn't cost them more than a little lost sleep, and I hope to repay them for that too.
Scott calls me at 8:15pm. "I missed my flight." What?!
"Honey, wasn't your flight at 8:30?"
"Yes, apparently they finished loading the plane early, so they left." Panic, now what do we do?
Scott continues "I called Adam (a friend of ours in Salt Lake) and he is coming to get me, my cell is about to die so. . . " and his cell phone dies.
Here is the story. Scott arrives at the airport around 8:05 and makes it to the terminal by 8:15 at which point, the plane has already left. The nice lady at the counter simply says "You were supposed to be here a half hour early." And leaves him to his own devises. Scott figures, my fault, and calls Adam. I however, am furious. Whoever heard of someone missing their flight when they were EARLY! They had him on the manifest, they knew he should have been coming. They didn't even give him the chance to be on time. Instead, they throw it in his face, leaving him stranded in Salt Lake, and make it sound like his fault. Well Excuse me! I thought the reason we were supposed to be thirty minutes early was so we could get through security and be on time for the flight, not so that we could make the flight "just in case" it decided to leave ahead of schedule.
I checked the flight online. Sure enough, it left at 8:15pm, but was scheduled at 8:30. Scott was early, he must have walked up to the terminal right as the plane was taxiing away. This means that the airline must have decided to leave at around 8pm. They didn't even give him a chance.
So, because some twit in US Airways couldn't wait until the scheduled departure time, my husband is driving from salt lake city. To clarify, Adam is driving Scott from Salt Lake to Cedar, and then he has to turn around and drive straight back. Scott will be here around 1:30am. Adam will then get home around 6am, without any sleep. I am so thankful we have such wonderful friends. Adam and Rinda have really saved us today. I just hope that it doesn't cost them more than a little lost sleep, and I hope to repay them for that too.

No comments:
Post a Comment