Sorry it took so long. For some reason it has been hard to actually sit down at the computer to write this week.
1. 10 years ago: I was 17, and getting ready to graduate high school. I was president of my seminary class and part of the graduation committee. My Grandfather Brown passed away. I was grounded for the last time in my life. This showed me my parents commitment to the idea that I was God's child first. (Whenever we were grounded, it was from everything except for church activities.) The week I was grounded I only stayed home one night. I even went to Lagoon (a utah theme park) because it was an activity for Seminary! The only activity I missed was a school dance, because everything else was for church. Pretty Cool!
2. 5 things on my to-do list today:
Go Grocery Shopping!
Type on my Blog
Family Home Evening
Deposit a Check (will have to do that tomorrow)
Laundry Day!
3. Snacks I enjoy:
Ice Cream (all flavors!)
Strawberry Shortcake
Donuts
Chips and Pico de Gallo
Bread and Bruschetta
4. What I would do if I were suddenly made a billionaire:
This is an interesting question for me. Having spent a lot of time studying finances and business, I have put a lot of thought into this kind of topic. After taking care of all my needs and wants, what do you do with the left over $900,000,000? I would build a legacy for my family, and teach them how to harness the resources they have for good. How to use the money to impact lives all across the board. This gives us an opportunity to truly make a difference in our world, I would find a need that I was passionate about and do what I could to fill it. At the moment, a great deal would go to promoting education. I believe that to feed a man fills him for a day, but teach him to make his own food, and you feed him for a lifetime. (Oh, and I would take all my family and friends on an extended vacation involving the Disney Cruise Lines and Disneyworld. I figure we might be ready to come home after three or four weeks.)
5. 5 places I have lived:
San Diego, California
Clearfield, Utah
Salt Lake City, Utah
Thomas, Idaho
Cedar City, Utah
6. 5 jobs that I have had:
Assistant at a Ceramic Shop (I did it all!)
Clerk for Sunshine Nutrition
Secretary for a Chiropractor
Cook/Medical Officer at the Boy Scout Camp Steiner
Mentor for Idaho Leadership Academy
7. 5 Random Things people don't know about me:
- I would give up cooking in a heart beat. If I could find and pay someone to make wonderful, healthy meals, I would be content.
- I enjoy being bored. I didn't believe my Mom, she used to say that she loved being bored because it happened so rarely. Now I know what she means. Those moments when there is nothing pressing and quiet are a gift to me. I can do whatever I want. . . and then the moment is gone.
- I really enjoy the show Reba. It cracks me up every time I watch it. Also, Psych is my favorite TV Show, and I will watch every episode I can, and I love introducing it to people.
-Having done FLYLady faithfully for over a month, my house has stayed pretty clutter free. . .except that back room. I still have to tackle it in my fifteen minute increments.
- I am a Primary Teacher in my church for 6-7 year olds. I love them dearly, but I have nine of the rambunctious little ones, and they drain me every week. I have asked for and am praying for another adult to help me. (It was a calling for both Scott and I, but they asked him to be in the Young Men's Program.)
8. People I tag: Katie, Marilyn, Jenny, and anyone else who wants to post a bit about themselves.
6 years ago

2 comments:
Hey Sweetie,
Whenever you kids would play the "I'm Bored" card, I'd say, "That's okay. Being bored is a choice. I love it when I get the chance to be bored." Now you know what I mean. When kids try to manipulate you, go back to the scriptures and agree with thine "enemy" kids and then counter it is a way that is both truthful and in your favor. Tricky people are mothers.
About Flylady - the Room Rescue - tackling the worse room in the house - is only done in five minutes increments, and of course you can do them as often as you like, but be careful of burnout. Before long, you'll find the room is done.
Thank you so much for tagging me. You are the first person to do so, so when I come back from taking the kids to Judo, I will update my blog with new info about me. THANKS!!! you rock!
Post a Comment