For the last week I have been inundating myself with positive reinforcement. I watched a special on it, listened to a very good talk about it, and have a "vision board" where I put the things I want and look at it every day. I have also been reading books and books about finances lately, and they all see to start with. . . attitude.
Whether or not it works on a financial level doesn't matter to me (but I postively beleive that it does!) What I find amazing about this little principle called Hope, is that it changes how you live your life. When you get up in the morning and chase away anything negative and focus on all the positive things, the day is wonderful. It doesn't matter what goes wrong, you are happy. I find myself getting excited easily. Just the thought of something I want going right, and it brings a smile to my face, a lift to my step, and I feel like I have already received the blessings. This is also affecting my gratitude. I find myself being grateful for so many things, and literally feeling the positive energy flowing through my body.
In the documentary, they call our thoughts magnets. Whatever we focus on, we attract. I have definately been feeling magnetic as I get excited about the wonderful things in my life. I feel abundant, and it seems to be coming to pass. Not that I have an overflowing bank account at the moment, but I feel the effects coming closer and closer.
No, I am not going to go on a shopping spree tomorrow, that would be irresponsible. But, I can get excited about the idea of doing it. . . and it tickles me to death.
The biggest change has come from my husband. I have always tried to be positive and hopeful, I learned these things young (and have recently been reminded how powerful they can be.) But as I have watched the realization enter his mind the He is in control of his thoughts and that they have a powerful affect, our week has completely changed. Understand, my husband is a pretty positive guy, he doesn't go around being grumpy on a regular basis or anything. It is just that he grew up in an enviroment steeped in negativity. Fighting that has been hard, but he has learned how to do it, and the power it has in his life. He is happier than he has been in awhile, and confident . . . he doen't doubt himself as much. It is really amazing to see the difference.
A dear friend and I had an ongoing debate about hope and whether or not it was a good thing. I firmly declare that it is the BEST thing in the world. Hope is what colors your veiw and makes life a joy to live. Without it all would be grey, colorless, and despairing. Should we hope for the impossible? YES! Should we dream about our deepest desires? YES! Why would we put any kind of limit on our potential when a little bit of hope in ourselves opens up our creativity in wonderful ways?
"What man can conceive, man will acheive."
6 years ago

1 comment:
Ya know... a dear friend of mine and I were having the same debate! I'm afraid I agree with your friend. She sound highly intelligent and worthy of worship.
And hope isn't really needed if you just enjoy what you already have.
Thppppppp.
Post a Comment