Thursday, October 26, 2006

During Nap Time

Typing and holding a wiggly four month old are a couple of things that don't really go together. I somehow manage it, making him sit between my arms while my fingers fly across the keys, hoping to get an uninterrupted sentence in. Today has been a day of mini difficulties . . . but it was still a good day. It was just that Daniel didn't want to take a long nap - at all. Plus he wants to be constantly entertained. So all those things that I save for nap-time have had to be done with creativity. This has also made me realize how much I rely on nap-time.

During Nap-Time I do the following:
Clean my house (which was done in 1 minute increments today or one handed while holding Jr.)
exercise (I usually try to walk on my tread mill, but today I swayed in the kitchen, trying to put him to sleep. . . does that count?)
Type my Blog (this one is taking awhile, cause sometimes I am typing one handed.)
Go over finances (which didn't happen today)
Read a little from a good book (I finished the One Minute Millionaire today)
And any other random things that need to be done.

My son has been extra cuddly today, so even putting things off until he is playing happily on the floor (which is Plan B) didn't work. All in all though, it has been a good day. I have done a load of laundry, swept the floor, cleaned the kitchen, finished a book, did a few things for my mom, and still was able to blog. There go all my excuses. I am going to have at least write once a day now. Oops.

1 comment:

jennifer casady said...

I can relate...I love naptime and the day seems incomplete without it. Well, Chani dear, you have inspired me to create my own blog site, so here it is:
jennifer-casady.blogspot.com (very original, I know)I hope you'll check it out when you get a chance.