Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Two Week Update!

We have been in our home nearly two weeks now! We love it here. Daniel is sleeping in his own room, and didn't have any trouble with the transition. Buster has become the gaurd dog I didn't think he was. He barks when the repair guys come over, and if we are not home, is very loud and even growls! How different from his laid back personality. I never saw him do that when we were at my sister's house. Apparently he knows the difference, and feels that this is HIS domain.

We are finally hooked up with internet, all the utilities are in our name, and we have a key to the mailbox. We are finding little things that need to be fixed, and keeping an ongoing list that we submit to our builder. All sorts of little things can get overlooked in a large project. . . like a house. For example: We moved in and discovered that the dishwasher didn't work. The appliance guys installed it, but apparently the electrician has to plug it in. Then we got our DSL all set up this monday, only to find that the electrician hadn't plugged the outside line into the inside line, so we weren't up and running for internet until today.

Since being in Enoch, Scott and I have gotten several callings. We are Primary Teachers for the 6-7 year olds. We are the Youth Conference Coordinators. Scott is the Secretary for the Missionary Committee in the Elders Quorum, and we are both Home and Visiting Teachers. Add to that the meeting the Bishop called us into tonight at 8:30pm and we are going to be very busy folks.

Scott wants to start putting pictures up and decorating, but I want to wait and focus on one room at a time. I have a blank canvas, and I want to paint it fresh!

1 comment:

Susan said...

Yay for your house!! It looks so awesome!! I am so happy for you!! You deserve it!! Love you!!