Thursday, September 13, 2007

What a Wonderful Surprise!


Scott and I celebrated my birthday yesterday. Early, I know, but it was his day off so we made an outing of it. Scott planned the whole thing and kept it a surprise as we enjoyed the day.


The first place we went to was to check on the progress of our house. The basement walls are up, and we krept through the window wells to stand on what will be our basement floor. It is quite exciting to see it happening before our eyes.


After that I was whisked away to Hurricane, where we dropped Danny off at my sister-in-law's waiting arms. I changed there and grabbed some water (Danny had gotten dirt all over the shirt I was wearing, so I had to get another one.)


Then we went to St. George and played Laser-Tag. It was just the two of us, and we ran all over the maze, shooting at eachother. I haven't had so much fun in a long time. The final score? Scott 4550, Chani 5015.


We ate a fast meal at Jack In The Box (we were running a little late.) And then we drove to Ivins, UT. I didn't know where we were going until we drove into the parking lot. . . of the TUACAHN!!! I have been wanting to see a play there for years. The Tuacahn is an outdoor theatre set into the red cliffs of St. George. It was FABULOUS! We saw My Fair Lady. Scott had never seen it before, and he totally loved it. His favorite character? Alfred P. Doolittle. He got a kick out of the show. They had real horses during the race scene that actually ran past the stage, and a real old fashioned car that drove Eliza to the ball.


It was a fabulous day, Scott nailed it perfectly! I had so much fun, and he was so pleased that I enjoyed myself. It has been awhile since we have truly played together, and it was the best birthday celebration I have had in a very long time.

2 comments:

Ki said...

Yeah to an awesome Scott. Please have him give Adam a ring around May with some pertinent suggestions.

Happy Birthday!

Julia (AKA: Jewels) said...

Happy Birthday Chani! Sounds like y'all had a blast. I'll have to celibrate with you when I am in Cedar City at the end of the month.