I haven't posted in awhile, distracted and tired are my main excuses. Danny has been waking up really early in the morning, and he doesn't seem to want anyone else except me. After a few minutes of cuddling, he is ready to be passed of to Scott or the Grandparents, but I am still awake by then. I have been in the habit of using Danny's naptime to take time for myself, to write a blog or a handful of other things I want to get done. However, I hit the exhaustion point, and my dear Mother-In-Law forced me to bed. She didn't take any excuses, and I slept for a good three hours. It was lovely. She told me not to worry about intruding on them, and that she could things around the house.
I gave in pretty easily at that point. Especially because I might need more help than I had originally planned. Last Thursday I went to see my Midwife, and on a whim asked her to examine me. I am only 27 weeks, and it isn't usually necessary to do that until you are closer to delivery. However, my mother had a long history of an incompetent cervix, and that is always something I have to be aware of. This time, it seems my concern is a viable one. I was already 2 centimeters dilated, and I was softening alot. In layman's terms, this means that my body is getting ready to have a baby waaaaay too early.
So now, I have to take it way easy. Not stand too long, no major walking, hiking, lifting, etc. It isn't total bedrest yet, but we are checking again in two weeks, and if there are ANY changes for the worst, I am confined to couches and bed till it is safe to have a baby. Already, I am so grateful for the fact that my in-laws live with us, and my mother and sisters are a block away. I am probably going to need some help, especially with an outgoing toddler that wants so much to "GO!"
6 years ago

2 comments:
I'm so glad you've got all that help. Take care of you and that baby!
Oh girl! thank goodness you have your in-laws living with you and you mum so close by. so have you found out if you are having twins?!! I know you've got a pretty big and excellent support system but if you need anything just holler.
Post a Comment