I have been on the FLYLady system for 3 weeks, but one of those weeks I was on a cruise, so I am currently on day 16.
I am seeing an amazing difference in my life. My house is becoming managable in an amazing way. I feel more in control, and I have more time to focus on things that are important to me. My husband is happier because the house feels better, and I have good meals planned and ready to make. Daniel is happier because I have him play with me while I go through my routines. He loves putting dishes away and unfolding the laundry. I am using a calander for REAL! I know what is going on this week, and haven't missed (out of forgetfulness) the baby shower I had last night.
I am actively involved in fifteen minute increments. Fly Lady says that you can do anything for 15 minutes! It is true. In fifteen minutes a day, my home is shedding clutter, and preparing itself for a move. My sink is nice and shiny, and my counters are clear.
I am more excited than ever to be in my new home, because I am going to be taking only those things I love with me!
Today I read an email from FLY Lady about clutter. It was very enlightening. She said that clutter holds us prisoner in our own homes. It saps our strength and makes us feel out of control. Clutter is a tool the Enemy uses to keep us from feeling peace in our homes. She said to be careful of allowing the clutter of others to stay. We worry too much about getting rid of something because it was a gift. It just sits there, unloved and unused, taking up space and energy. It really hit me. I have all of these things that I don't need, don't want, and don't know what to do with. They don't have a "place" and seem to migrate from room to room. I have a room that has become a major clutter zone as everything I don't want in our main living area gets shoved there.
FLY Lady suggests looking at things and really asking yourself: Do I need it? Do I love it?
If the answer is no, get rid of it. Things that we love are easy for us to take care of, especially when we are not constantly distracted by the things that clutter our lives.
6 years ago

1 comment:
I'm glad you posted about the Flylady site. I saw it a few years ago and didn't really get into it, but I've been using it for a couple of weeks now (not 100% like you, but I'm preparing to once life gets a little more normal after baby comes.) The good things are that 1.)I have a timer, so I'm less distracted, 2.) my sink is clean (and Mike has clear direction that this is important to me so he feels like he's able to help me in a way that is meaningful, ie. emptying the dishwasher before he leaves for work), 3.) I threw all the old magazines in the recycling bin, 4.) I've been good about getting dressed and putting on shoes (even though most of my clothes don't fit!)
Anyway, thanks for sharing & good luck getting ready to move!
Love you!
Jenny
Post a Comment