
After posting my blog about not starving myself, I made the largest impulse buy of my life. I ordered a Wii. I have been wanting one badly, and they are very hard to find. I discovered I could pre-order one from Gamestop.com and then they would ship it out when they received another shipment on April 12. I have been counting down the days, knowing that it would probably be another week after that before I get my game system.
This morning I opened up my email to discover that my system has already shipped out! It was shipped on Friday! I will be getting it on Wednesday! It will be here a full day before any of the other stores can put it on their shelves. I am so excited. I promised Scott that I wouldn't play it until I have finished doing my chores. (He didn't make me, I volunteered.) This promise helps me get things done. . . and my dear husband allows me to make all the promises I need to to feel productive. I find that I am much more motivated when I tell him what I am going to do, it helps to feel accountable about something. I know that I can get totally absorbed into a project, book, or game, so having a list of things I need to do BEFORE I do those things makes sure I get something done.
This morning I opened up my email to discover that my system has already shipped out! It was shipped on Friday! I will be getting it on Wednesday! It will be here a full day before any of the other stores can put it on their shelves. I am so excited. I promised Scott that I wouldn't play it until I have finished doing my chores. (He didn't make me, I volunteered.) This promise helps me get things done. . . and my dear husband allows me to make all the promises I need to to feel productive. I find that I am much more motivated when I tell him what I am going to do, it helps to feel accountable about something. I know that I can get totally absorbed into a project, book, or game, so having a list of things I need to do BEFORE I do those things makes sure I get something done.

No comments:
Post a Comment