Friday, January 19, 2007

Why Lemons?

To answer the question of why we fed Daniel lemons, I thought I would do a little blog about the experience.

We were at Applebee's enjoying a midnight dinner after Chamrie and Nathan went to the temple for the first time. Scott and I had been randomly giving Daniel tastes of stuff just to see what he would do. When dinner came, the only thing that looked halfway healthy for him to try (he was too young for my chicken and the broccolli, while delicious, was too hard for him to gum) was the lemon I had put in my water. Thinking it would be fun to see his face, I checked it for seeds, and then handed him the wedge. I was so dissapointed when he didn't even react. He just stuck the lemon in his mouth and proceeded to gum it to death. He loved it! Since then I have heard that lemons help teethers bring their teeth up - but don't quote me on it. . . especially as he still hasn't broken a tooth, and he adores lemons.

However, it is important to note that you shouldn't let babies gnaw on lemons after they have teeth because lemons will destroy the enamel on their teeth over time. Oranges, however, are safe.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Here it is almost one am and I can't sleep I just thought that i would spend some time gettitng to know you while you were sleeping. I also was dissapointed by the no reaction thing. Love your baby!